"Say what I want, Say what I feel"

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Back To Installation...

Nothing goes right for the first day.

Happily set out from Paya Lebar Exchange with all equpiments fully packed in my bags. On the way to first customer house, I realised that I FORGET TO BRING PATCH CORD! Patch cord is so important that without it you cannot even start installation. I called Max for help see if there is any one near me. He told me to call Moreno for help. Call him to help might as well I go back office to take myself, I went back to office with all the heavy equipments.

After that that 4 patch cord for the usage of 3 installation,I head for the first customer house again at Circuit Road. Another problem when I reach the custoemr house. He sign up for 200mpbs and there for only 1 port on the modem is able to do that and wireless it will never be about to reach 200,at most is only 70 and customer doesn't know it when he signed up he complained. I told him that he can change to 50mpbs instead as 50 is already good enough for his usage, therefore I called Pre-act to change package. Pre-act told me that the installation will need to be done another day and I told the customer about it. Customer became angry,wanted to talk to pre-act himself as he insist that installation is to be done today. After the talk with pre-act,he give me a comment. He told me that he hate talking to pinoys,10 sentence don't understand 8. I laughed with him, I think that laugh cool down the customer. Then I continue installation and chat with him. Installation was done within the next 45 mins with no errors. Happily left the house.
Head to the next customer house at Bedok Reservoir. Luckily,that is a simple one. Everything is next to each other so therefore the installation is rather fast. After that I head to the next installation which is a odd location to me--> Little India.
Ok,another problem start. Installation time suppose to be 3pm, and I reach about 2pm. Called customer if it is ok to my shock,he asked me to wait till 4pm.
So...rotting for 1.5 hours as he is home at 3.30pm. Problem again. He doesn't know that CHC aka home plug cannot be use. He decide to cancel the package as he does not want another more trunking to be done in the house. Called pre-act again to cancel package. He was a nice India nationality. He offered me drink and I found a hole into the room so therefore he doesn't need to do extra trunking,existing trunking will already do the job. He is so happy and I quickly called Pre-act to cancel the last instruction given by me and quickly ask for wiring man to come over.
While waiting for the wiring man to come I continue my installtion so that after the wiring is done,just have to place it at the positions only. But the wiring man's job is on high also and so it will take quite sometime for them to arrive. I helped the nice Indians to clear the Tv table for slots and pack up the place for Mio-Box. Dismantle the Philips DVD player was not a easy job as I have thought. There are 6 speakers connected to it and sockets are connect in a way I don't even know how it is done but finally all the sockets are out and packed nicely. As the nice uncle said,if I am not there to help him,he will have no way to remove the DVD player.
Kanan finally arrive with his mentee for the wiring. I help him to crimp the heads and job's done! But the time is already 6.30pm when I leave the customer house. The customer gave me his namecard. He opened a restuarant in Little India. Someday I hope to bring *someone to eat there. It should be nice.
Today is not a very good and easy day though,hopefully it is for tomorrow. ^^